Your thesis must consist exclusively of your own original work and must be unique to you and your programme in question. In all cases, the thesis’ author assumes responsibility for its content.
Referencing in your thesis:
- In cases where the work cites, builds on, paraphrases or uses research or data provided by others, the report should acknowledge and reference this in accordance with recognized reference styles such as the APA Publication Manual (www.apastyle.com) and the University Library’s Information skills modules relating to citation and referencing.
- Inadequate referencing will be considered plagiarism.
- All theses (final proposal and final thesis) will be scanned for plagiarism.
- Every case of plagiarism shall be reported to the Examination Board. The Examination Board may impose a sanction, which varies from reprimand to exclusion from examinations for up to one year.
- In case of doubt on how to reference, please consult with your thesis coach.
More relevant information and documents on the rights and obligations of students can be found here: