Table of Contents
As per the MSc Examination Regulations,
- You are required to complete three electives for your one-year MSc programme,
- You may take only one elective per block.
- At least two of the three electives must be a Master Programme Elective (MPE). This may be in the form of:
- 2 Master Programme Electives (MPEs) + 1 Master Free Elective (MFE), or
- 3 Master Programme Electives (MPEs) (the 3rd MPE to have a grade processed in OSIRIS will be registered as an MFE)
In the , you will see which electives are available to your programme studies. This file is subject to change, the final courses will be available in the Elective Registration System (ERS).
For an illustrative overview of the process, see the image below.
Elective Registration Process
The MSc Elective Registration process consists of two rounds of preference ranking (the Master Programme Electives round and the Open Elective round) and three switch periods. Depending on your study situation, you may participate in all or some parts of the below elective registration process. Check out the videos below and carefully review the Elective Registration Process document.
Elective Registration Timeline
Below is an overview of key dates of the elective registration process in 2023-2024:
- Register your study situation: starting from Wednesday 1 November 2023 - ongoing
- Master Programme Electives round: Monday 6 November 202, 08:30 CET through Sunday 12 November 2023, 23:59 CET.
- Open Elective round: Monday 27 November 2023, 08:30 CET through Sunday 3 December 2023, 23:59 CET.
- Switch periods:
- Before Block 3: Monday 8 January 2024, 08:30 – Sunday 14 January 2024, 23:59 CET
- Before Block 4: Monday 26 February 2024, 08:30 – Sunday 3 March 2024, 23:59 CET
- Before Block 5: Monday 15 April 2024, 08:30 – Sunday 21 April 2024, 23:59 CET
Note that you can switch your electives in any available block in one of the switch periods. For example, in the switch period before block 3, you can switch electives for Blocks 3, 4, or 5.
The course registrations will be processed per block, after each switch period and prior to the start of the block.
In case you still have questions after reviewing the above information and the documents, please refer to the FAQ document.