After completion of the final component of your exam programme, it is possible to deregister as a student and get a refund of unused tuition fees. For students who do not actively request deregistration, registration as a student will continue through the end of the academic year (31 August). In order to be able to deregister as a student you will need to make sure you take the steps described below in this exact order:
- Complete all curricular components of your exam programme. Make sure that all your grades have been recorded in OSIRIS.
- Request deregistration as a student, with reason “Graduation”. Instructions for this can be found here.
- You will receive confirmation from team Study Progress and Diploma (SPD) that your degree has been awarded. This confirmation can take up to a week after your programme is fully complete.
- Your deregistration will go into effect from the first of the following month after you receive the degree confirmation.
- Wait for the refund of possible tuition fees.
- Be aware that refunding of tuition fees is NOT possible in July/August. Therefore, students who complete their exam programme in June or July are not eligible for any refund of tuition fees
- Important: If you request deregistration after you receive the degree confirmation email from SPD, your deregistration will go into effect from the first of the following month after you request deregistration, and you might have to pay tuition fee for an extra month. E.g. You can request the deregistration (reason Graduation) earlier, but it will only be processed once the completion of the programme is confirmed. There can be a delay between the request for deregistration and the confirmation of completion.